Serving the Sophia way
Lakeside Christian Church hosts The Sophia Way’s Emergency Women’s Winter Shelter 7 Nights a week for 3 months starting Feb 1st - Every Night 8:30 PM to 7:00 AM
You Can Make A Difference!
Changing a person’s life can be as simple as preparing mac & cheese and dropping off a casserole at the shelter or donating a large parcel of toilet paper. It doesn’t take much to make an immediate impact in someone’s life who has nothing. Christ calls us to love in word and deed. Won’t you join us in helping the women God brings to shelter in our church building (Fellowship Hall/basement)? If you would like more information, please contact Keila Yonker our 2019 Spring Liaison at email@example.com.
How Can You Make A Difference?
2 ways you can make a tangible and immediate difference in someone’s life.
1. Prepare and drop off a meal:
You can do this as a small group, as a family or on your own. Prepare a nutritious and balanced meal then bring it by the church at 8:30 pm. We do not have stove top/oven cooking capabilities on site. All food must be cooked in advance. Dishes can be reheated in a microwave. We ask that you provide paper products to serve on and plastic utensils.
Meal Coordinator: Andrea Liggett: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up Here: https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/1922673/false#/invitation
2. Donate Supplies:
Donate any of the following by dropping into a “drop box” in the main church foyer:
- Clorox Wipes and cleaning supplies (we clean up each day upon leaving so whatever you prefer we use to clean bathrooms and the
- Garbage Bags (kitchen sized and 33
- Paper plates, cups, bowls and plastic
- Non perishable breakfast items (cereal, oatmeal, cereal bars, granola bars, etc). We serve a quick grab and go breakfast and the ladies can go to our day center for a larger
PLEASE: NO CLOTHING AT THIS TIME.